Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
So what've y'all been up to?
Bighug
Dunno420

tonight wickie is just chillin with a rootbeer float
A&W float? or a make your own?
My in-laws came over this afternoon, kids and their SO's too. I grilled a bunch of meats, and we feasted. Afterward we played corn hole in the back yard, then darts & ping pong in the shop. Then my son and I snuck off to my office where we proceeded to have a little jam session with my guitars & bass. That last part was a fucking blast. He told me he hasn't been playing his electric lately (really nice Gibson Les Paul with a Bigsby tremolo) because he's afraid of wearing off the signature on the pick guard (It's signed by Dweezil Zappa). So I gave him my old Ampeg Super Stud take home & play. 

This guitar. Everything but the strings are gold plated, lol.
[Image: lHoCkF4.jpg]

He was like Eek3 Bowdown Love
Crazyio

well I can't beat that
Just got home from work. I spent all day cleaning & lubricating machinery at the bowling alley. Also found a few problems while I was at it, and fixed those too. It's real dirty, grungy work, but it's a lot of fun. There's a whole lot of climbing & crawling around involved, and getting into odd, contorted positions to reach some parts. My back is screaming at me right now, so I'm medicating with a nice IPA and some Gorilla Glue. :420:
(09-21-2017, 11:45 PM)noob Wrote: Just got home from work. I spent all day cleaning & lubricating machinery at the bowling alley. Also found a few problems while I was at it, and fixed those too. It's real dirty, grungy work, but it's a lot of fun. There's a whole lot of climbing & crawling around involved, and getting into odd, contorted positions to reach some parts. My back is screaming at me right now, so I'm medicating with a nice IPA and some Gorilla Glue. :420:

I can't imagine cleaning to ever be fun, but I guess if it's cleaning stuff you love it could be.. What's it like behind a bowling alley? Is it like it is in the cartoons?
(09-22-2017, 02:02 AM)Mice Wrote:
(09-21-2017, 11:45 PM)noob Wrote: Just got home from work. I spent all day cleaning & lubricating machinery at the bowling alley. Also found a few problems while I was at it, and fixed those too. It's real dirty, grungy work, but it's a lot of fun. There's a whole lot of climbing & crawling around involved, and getting into odd, contorted positions to reach some parts. My back is screaming at me right now, so I'm medicating with a nice IPA and some Gorilla Glue. :420:

I can't imagine cleaning to ever be fun, but I guess if it's cleaning stuff you love it could be.. What's it like behind a bowling alley? Is it like it is in the cartoons?

It is very cartoonish, totally a Rube Goldberg machine. Think of Pee Wee's Big Adventure when he's making breakfast, lol.

The stuff I'm working on is from 1966 and still running...bunch of electric motors, cogs/gears, struts & bushings, cams, levers, springs & switches...and a lot of ancient electronics which I'm also repairing.

The cleaning part isn't fun. It's grimy and messy, but it's a necessary evil. I really like working on the machinery and stuff, and once I get caught up on the cleaning (which hasn't been done in many years) I won't have to do that part very often.

Here's a video of the exact AMF setup I'm working on.